“Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today” - Malcolm_X
At ADYPU, we design our courses to be hands-on and relevant to the industry. Our focus has always been to ensure that the student develops requisite competencies to be industry ready, so that they can hit the ground running, and blend seamlessly into any organization. In fact our vision is deeper than making our students employable, we endeavour to make them thorough Professionals, who will in the future become the luminaries of the business world.
The value creation within a student involves getting them to maintain a solid academic rigour throughout their scholastic years, complimented by exposure to and working on real problems within the industry and society in general. This we feel brings out the best in them, wherein they are oriented to take on Thought Leadership initiatives, enabling change and innovation and becoming the harbingers of a great future for India.
Our strong industry connect helps us leverage and provide ample opportunities for our students to display their skill and passion, and give them a distinct advantage compared to their peers.
- Placement Process : What we do?
What do we do?
The following are the objectives that the Placement team aims to accomplish in every academic year.
- ADYPU Student Lifecycle Management
- To strengthen and consolidate the ADYPU Brand Value, by nurturing and promoting Innovation and Creativityin Education, wherein every student passing out of ADYPU is coveted by the best companies in the world
- Organizing Placement drives by companies both on campus and off campus to ensuremaximum selections in each of these drive.
- Keeping a tab on on-going job fairs and the relevant recruitment advertisements in leading newspapers and websites, and disseminating the job opportunities related information to eligible students on the basis of their profiles.
- Gather ,maintain and update database of students, alumni and companies for future requirements.
- Getting the Job Announcement Form filled by the representatives of each of the visiting companies, coordinating with the various companies to learn about their recruitment procedures and grooming students accordingly
- Undertaking needs analysis and expectations of the companies to assist them in recruiting the most suitable candidates.
- Organizing pre-placement training for students which comprises of Soft Skills, finishing school vis-a-visGrooming & Etiquette, and Mock Interviewsetc).
- Regular Networking through industry collaboration and maintaining strong corporate relations to ensure mileage and visibility for the ADYPU Brand.
- Arranging industry interaction with companies to promote ADYPU and to give the students face time with industry leaders and their challenges.
- Collecting feedback from employers where our students are in employment.
- Preparation of a comprehensive placement brochure, detailing the ADYPU advantage.
- Student Lifecycle Management: Salient Features
From the time the student enters the ADYPU ecosystem, to the time he/shepass out, our structured placement process ensures that they are being worked upon continuously. The foundation to a strong structure lies in strengthening the roots and nourishing them. A step by step look at the Student Professional Developmentincludes but is not limited to the following:
- Baseline Assessment: SWOT Analysis, Universal Competencies Assessment, MBTI
- GAP Analysis : Where are we now & Where do we want to go
- Career Exploration & Avenues for Success: Dream Companies, Dream Projects, Personal Vision, Mission, Goals, Objectives and Targets.
- BridgeProgram: Individual Development Program Progress (Evaluated on quarterly basis)
- Professional Development: CV writing, Aptitude Tests, Group Discussions, Role Plays, Assignments and Projects, Industry Interaction, Guest Lectures, Live Industry Projects
- Persona Development: 8 Universal Competencies Framework, Behavioural Workshops, Counselling & Career Guidance, Thought Leadership, Change Enablers, CSR activities
- Internships & Placements Preparation: Mock Interviews, Assessment Centers, Campus Placement Drives, Placement Committee Membership
- Industry Projects and Research Assignments: Exposure to solving real time issues or problems within the industry, preparing the ground for future recruitment.
- Placement Process : How we do it ?
We have with great care and diligence put into place a robust process for placements, which is open and transparent to all the stake holders namely the students, companies as well as the management of ADYPU. How the process works has been listed in simple steps:
- Initiate contact with companies on an ongoing basis across the length and breadth of the country in line with the placement schedule.
- Companies wishing to hire from our campus, provide us with the necessary data (Job description/Roles) through a Job Announcement Form (JAF)
- We then scrutinize the requirements based on which wesend a formal invitation to these companies.
- On acceptance of the invitation we fix a mutually convenient date and time for the Interview&Selection process.
- We announce the visit along with the details provided by the company in the announcement form to the students.
- Eligible students convey their consent to attend these interviews at least a week in advance. The applicant studentsprofile along with the essential details is communicated to the company.
- In response the company re-confirms their travel plan a week before the allocated visit date.
- The student volunteers from the placement team get the requisite logistics organised in terms of conference rooms and other support services for the campus interviews.
- Post interview the shortlisted students are notified about their final selection by the company.
- Students then sign the acceptance of the offer letter and the signedcopy is forwarded to the company and the respective Head of School.
- No registration charges for the companies.
- Infrastructure provided for conducting pre-placement talks, aptitude tests, group discussions and interviews.Guidance and preparation are also provided to students who need assistance. 1on1 coaching and mentoring sessions are conducted to manage student performance and expectations.
- A team of dedicated placement committee volunteers work to ensure simpler logistics and all other related issues pertaining to campus placement.
- Industry Readiness Program List
The list of programs catering to make the students corporate ready and relevant in today’s challenging times is as follows:
Communication Development Training Programs
This segment basically helps to improve professional communication in English for successful business interactions. Each of the course / module focuses on a particular area of communication namely writing, speaking and grooming.
- Language Foundation– Developing Language Basics [Grammar Intensive]
- Communication Skills Development - Verbal/Non Verbal Communication
- Effective Business Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Business Writing Skills
- Presentation skills
- Business Etiquette: Personal Grooming Training
Management Development Training Programs
The 9-course programs focuses on leadership and innovation skills, imbibing the skills, confidence, and support to enact true change and to be able to impact real-world business challenges.
- Innovation and Creativity
- Leadership Skills Development
- Problem Solving/Decision Making Skills
- Teamwork and Team Building
- Change Management
- Effective Persuasion/Negotiation Skills
- Conflict Management
- Stress Management
- Time Management
Persona Development Training Programs
For those who are preparing to enter the corporate world, it is imperative to share some key cultural and linguistic features characterizing effective communication in this increasingly diverse and internationalised workplace. Employability skillsets are developed, and indepth guidance is given to them on taking different types of tests. A lot of emphasis is given on reading, researching and being able to express their thoughts clearly and succinctly. They are
- Intercultural Interaction ( US,UK, India, Europe).
- Psychometric and Aptitude Assessment Center
- Mock Interviews and Group Discussions
- General Knowledge and Awareness Enhancement Activities - Quiz
- Role Plays/ Group Discussions/Debates/Elocution
- Extempore /Public Speaking / News Anchor
Aptitude and Pre-Interview Assessment Centre
Students are required to take various tests on the following sites to help them prepare for the technical and preliminary rounds of Interviews. They are also put through mock interviews and group discussions, ensuring that they develop and consolidate these skills along with the various types of aptitude and psychometric assessments, thereby giving them the confidence to clear the initial rounds of interviews
- Personal SWOT Analysis and Expectation Setting
- BridgeProgram – Individual Development Plan
- Up Skilling and Multi Skilling (Academic Enrichment Plan)
- 1on1 Mentoring Sessions (With in-house Counsellors, Faculty, and Alumni)
- Resume Writing& Interview Preparation Activities
- Mock Personal Interviews and Group Discussions
- Arrange Industry Visits and Workshops
- Communicate with companies for campus recruitment.
- Arrange/Conduct Campus and Onsite Interviews
- Liaise with Companies for Feedback on Candidates
- Ensure a seamless transition for students from Campus to Corporate life
Centres of Excellence (CoE) / Incubation Centres:
- Promote Thought Leadership initiatives and entrepreneurship through ADYPU CoE
- Entrepreneurial projects and assignments impacting real world issues and Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives
- Promote and build an Innovation and Entrepreneurial culture where ideas and Out of the Box thinking is nurtured and encouraged
The T & P Team comprises of a committee of faculties, academicians& representatives of students. The committee evolves a broad policy framework every academic year keeping in mind the trends and changes in Business. Student members are closely co-opted to manage and drive these activities every year, thereby ensuring that their contribution to the process gives them real time access to the challenges and problems faced in placing students.
Contact the Placement & Corporate Relations Team:
Hobby Menon 9049046141 email@example.com
(Faculty – Management; Placements and Corporate Relations Team)
Jay Ramchandran 9689994622 firstname.lastname@example.org (Placements and Corporate Relations Team)
AditiSanyal 7030190718 email@example.com (Placements and Corporate Relations Team)
Dr.Maninder Gill 7986921047 firstname.lastname@example.org (Placements and Corporate Relations Team)